:(

I'm so sorry for poor ceasar.......... but I do think he came to you because he knew you loved him and would help him.  Maybe he didn't want to be an indoor cat and chose to stay feral until he was ill and knew you would help him.

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello my beloved group,
I just got the call from the vet. Ceasar had deep puncture wounds that
were abscessed all over his body, the deepest around his neck and the
most infected on his rear leg, no wonder my brave little man was
limping. He had a high fever and the worst news of all, he was felv+.
They hadn't yet investigated why his nose was bleeding, or why there was
blood in his saliva. The vet, who is always reluctant to recommend
euthanasia, said if she were Ceasar she wouldn't want to wake up from
the kind of pain he must have been living with. I still hesitated, I
still thought maybe there was a way. I asked if there could be any
doubt about his status, the answer was an unequivocal no. Before we
left for the vet, he allowed me to stroke him through the grate of the
trap. His skin was covered with small lesions, with that gritty feel
that comes from flea infestation. Poor little lamb! He was angry, but
he didn't try to scratch me, or even hiss. I spoke softly to him and
told him how much he was loved and that he was finally home. I had so
prayed that I would be bringing him back to comfort and security this
afternoon. I had to finally decide to let him go. I'm so sick about
not being able to trap him when I first met him, maybe he would be
healthy today. I feel like I failed him, my only consolation is that
he's no longer suffering, he's no longer confined, and he's no longer
producing felv kittens. He lived the hard life of a cat on the street
and I helped him as best I could. Thank you all for caring about a
special little feral boy and understanding how he has left an imprint on
my heart.
Bless you my sweet, brave, clever friend. I will love you always.
Nina