Thank you  so much, Nina!!! .  I will get on it.First I need to see if there are any unwanted interactions with anything I give him. Poor Sam-so many, many needle sticks over the years.  Wish you could have a  setup like a shunt or port as we have for people........... I can do SC IV IM  injections on people ( even family) without batting an eye- But my kitty babies?? No, no, no.

Helene

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 4:28 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Sam

Procrit is used to boost red blood cell production, so if that were helping maybe the IR would too.  I know there has been success with anemia using it.  Michelle can tell you more, and others have posted sites about it.  I'm sure you can Google it and come up with some stuff.  From what I understand about it, (I haven't used it, but I did order some from Revival), it is a bacteria that is administered IV, (Cindy and Smokey on the list used it subq with good results), that helps the body by launching an attack against it and consequently boosting the immune system to fight whatever else might be going on.  I know one of the side effect warnings include temp fever spike.  I think Michelle said she's given it to two or three of her kitties and only one had the problem with fever.  Another member, Kerry Roach had gotten it to try for her kitty, Bandy, but if she's reported back on it, I haven't seen her post.  Here's the link to order: http://www.revivalanimal.com/product.asp?pn=31-020&ss=immunoregulin
It's also called EqStim, (marketed for use in horses), but it's the same med.  If after discussing it with your vet, you think it might help, you can order it direct without a prescription.  They can overnight it to you too.
Blessings,
Nina

Helene Hand wrote:
Thank you, Nina!  Have no idea what did it.no undue stress, etc.  I had stopped the procrit a year ago since we figured his marrow was making RBCs.

Please tell me more about immuno-regulin....and I will read up on it.  It has a diabetic sound to it!  (?????)  Helene

This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
http://www.nod32.com