Cats do go through a 'lanky' looking stage at about that age.  They're pudgier as kittens and then again as adults....... but if the vet says Slinky has tapes I would go ahead and ask for the med. now and not wait.

Marissa Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi again all.  Some of you may have seen this in another post I sent, but I thought I should send it with a more appropriate subject.

Slinky is about 15 or 16 weeks old (we're guessing) and tested positive for FeLV when I took him to the vet just over a week ago.  The vet said everything else looked good except that he has tapeworm (which they called me about after I left - said they'd treat it when I went back in 3 weeks for the next round of vaccinations).

He's been eating pretty well (I think...not sure how much he's supposed to eat, but I refill his food dish about every other day usually) and has been very active and friendly. I've also noticed lately that he's grown a lot in the two weeks I've had him.

But lately I've noticed that when I pet him, I can feel his front "shoulders" sticking up behind his neck.  I can also feel his ribs if I press a little.  I'm not sure if this is normal (could he be growing faster than he's putting on weight and will catch up later?) or if I should be worried.

I've been changing his food (from purina kitten chow to Innova Evo dry...will add canned soon as well) and also took him on a 5.5 hour road trip this weekend, so he's had a bit of adjustment going on, but that hasn't seemed to faze him much.

As I said, he seems healthy.  But should I be worried about his "bonyness"?  Should I take him to the vet this week?  I didn't ask the vet about "bonyness" when I was there (hadn't noticed it), but he was about 4 pounds and they seemd to think that was fine.

What do you all think?  Thanks for your support and advice!!

MJ