the least expensive way to get lysine is to go online and find one of the many places that carries NOW brand in the one-poung powdered form..... there ARE other good, natural brands, that's just one i know fairly well. retail is $14.99/lb, but there are places you can get it for as little as $7.99/lb. that works out to about 400+ doses!