My Effie was FeLV+ and lived very happily in her own bedroom, we put in a screen door to the hall to give her more communication with us and the other cats (lucite on the bottom half to discourage sharing germs). I was in the room often, did jobs that could be done in there, like ironing, whatever. After living outdoors in the brush, she definitely had an improved lifestyle. She had toys and a cat tree. I often slept in there and her last year, I slept there every night. She had the benefit of a sun porch, bathroom and closet. Her biggest thrill was poking around in the attached garage. And oh, how I miss her! Could you put in a ceiling fan or window air conditioner?

Del

----- Original Message ----- From: "Evan & Dee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 5:32 AM
Subject: FeLV+ Adoption/ Foster Care

We are in desperate need of placement.  About 2 to 3 weeks ago a stray
cat showed up on our property.  For the 1st week or two we could not go
near him.  We fed him regularly as we could see he was in need of
veterinary care.  Finally, he let us near him & we scheduled a vet
appointment on Monday, 08/01/06.  To our grave disappointment he is
FeLV+.  The vet started to give us options, one of which was
euthanasia.  I stopped her mid-conversation & said That Was Not An
Option.  The vet said due to ethical dilemmas we needed to keep him
indoors (to prevent the spread of FeLV & reduce his infection risks).
However, staying with us is only a TEMPORARY solution.  We have 10
healthy indoor cats, 2 of which also go outside in a fence, of our own.
We do NOT want them exposed to this virus so the poor dear is
isolated/quarantined to his own bedroom, which does not have air
conditioning & gets fairly hot.  This is no way for a feline to live!
But this is the best solution we have for him right now on such short
notice.  Do you know of anyone who can help us?  We live in the Western
part of Pennsylvania.  We would be willing to transport to an adoptive
home (after proper adoption screening) or foster placement.  I can be
reached at the above email or by cell phone, (814) 229-5678.  Thank
you.

~Dee