Hi everyone

I hope this is just me being paranoid. It's easy to be paranoid when dealing with FeLV+, at least for me. As some of you may recall, my Ember is FeLV+, and my mom picked up a negative kitten (Callie) a number of months ago. Ember still lives in my room, so she is isolated from the negs of the house. Yesterday, I opened my door to bring in food, and Ember started out. I was able to stop her for a bit, but I was holding her in by pressing her with my leg against the door frame, which is something I really didn't want to do. She got out and escaped part of the way down the hall before being chased by Callie the kitten. Callie wants to play with everyone, and she tried to jump on Ember. When Ember ended up cornered at the end of the hall, she let out a nice hiss. Fortunately, she was facing away from Callie when she did this. I rounded up Ember and got her back into my room. Callie, I'm sure, was disappointed.

Most of you probably think this doesn't sound like a big deal, and it might not be. Callie has had all of her FeLV+ vax including boosters. She should be good for one year. My concern is that Callie is going in tomorrow to be spayed, and that if she even got the tiniest bit of virus into her system, the immune suppression that will result from the surgery might give it some advantage that we don't want it to have.

Do you think there is any cause for concern, based on your own anecdotal experiences? Should we not have the surgery tomorrow? My mom is in a hurry to get her spayed, as Callie's come into a sort of pseudo heat two times, and she's just turned five months old. Your thoughts?

Lance