I agree with you 100%, Catatonya. After talking to this receptionist lady, my sister was a bit freaked out, so I had to explain to her that Felv is not airborne.

What's frustrating is that we know how to treat human leukemia and aids, but have no clue how to treat cats.  It seems silly.

catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's so sad that the vets are so behind the times on this.  It makes me so freakin' mad.

kandbz_ mom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As some of you know, I have been looking for a "good, knowledgeable" vet for Angel, who tested positive for Felv. Anyway, my sister had to take her dog to a vet today (not her usual vet, but they agreed to get her dog in pretty quickly).  My sister called me after they got home and said she was talking to the receptionist about me looking for a vet to treat my felv pos. kitten.  Right away, the lady told my sister that I need to be careful because the disease is so contagious that my other two cats can get it just from being in the same room as Angel. My sister explained to her that I feed and water them all in separate dishes and they don't play together or groom each other or anything. The receptionist said still, just them all being in the same room together can spread it.

How frustrating...I am starting to think that I may have to take Angel to another state to get her a vet who knows something about this disease. LOL!!!!!!

Just had to share with you all...Have a great day!

Karen