lysine is an amino acid that is specific to the herpes virus--it tricks it into not replicating. it's about the only supplement that i know of that MDs, DOs, DVMs, as well as homeopathic and holistic practitioners agree upon. one of the state vet associations suggested that ALL cats get lysine daily as a preventative; it can't hurt them, and it will keep any herpes infections from occurring.

buy it powdered by the pound!