Rafferty is gorgeous!  I love his markings.  A little later I am going to look at all your pictures. I love to see everyone's cats.

Buddy did fine with his cleanings and he had several tooth extractions over the years.  He had to have some of his teeth removed because our vet thought he could be suffering from pain while eating.  At the time our vet talked about the risk of anesthesia, but we decided to take the risk for his quality of life.

I will say a prayer for your Rafferty and your other kitties.

Gina

Sherry DeHaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gina thank you so much for sharing your story with us.I loved the website and the pics brought tears to my eyes.Fiv cats are just about the sweetest things.Well so are my felv+ babies at the sanctuary. :) I am worried about my Rafferty (he is the oldest out of the 3 about 5 or 6)he is going in for a dental cleaning next Thursday and I just worry about him being sedated,I have really come to love his beautiful face and personality so much that I would be devastated to lose him,as we are for any of our babies. Dr Jen will be doing the cleaning,I know I should just relax and not worry.But when he looks at me with those big yellow eyes I just melt.Could you wonderful people say a little prayer for him? :) If you would like to see pics of my boys here is my link to my photo albums.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sherrydj88/my_photos

Gina WN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Sherry,

I knew for 12 years that he was FIV+.  I met Buddy in 1988 and he was a street cat.  I officially adopted him as an indoor kitty in 1991.  The vet thought he was around 4-6 years old at that time.  I had him tested at that time (in 1991) and retested when I adopted Tigger and Taylor in 1992.  They were all FIV+ and we decided to have a FIV+ household.  When we adopted Bob off the streets in 1998, we had them all tested again.  Tigger and Taylor were negative (they never had the disease after all) and Bob was negative.  Buddy was still positive after three tests over a total of 7 years.

So, I had him for 12 years with the known FIV+ diagnosis and he was around 4-6 years old when I adopted him, so that would make him anywhere from 16-18 years old when he crossed the Bridge in 2003.  I error on the side of saying he was 18+ because as he could have been 6 years old when I adopted him.  Plus knowing such, there is a lot of hope in his living so long with FIV.  Would you like to read his story?  It is on my cats website.

http://tiggerwiggins.com/about.html

Gina

Sherry DeHaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You said that your cat Buddy was 18 when he passed and fiv+. How many of those years if you know was he fiv+? I was just wondering because I have adopted 3 fiv+ boys and they are still quite young. Just curious.
Sherry

Please visit my Tigger Tales site!

At the bottom of the home and links pages are my merchant affiliate banners.  If anyone uses my links to make a purchase, I will receive a percentage of all final sales.  I am going to donate 100% of the proceeds to animal welfare organizations.  This is a great way to shop your favorite online pet stores and give something to a worthy cause.  Thank you in advance!

Please visit my Tigger Tales site!

On the fundraising page are my merchant affiliate banners.  If anyone uses my links to make a purchase, I will receive a percentage of all final sales.  I am going to donate 100% of the proceeds to animal welfare organizations.  This is a great way to shop your favorite online pet stores and give something to a worthy cause.  Thank you in advance!