Does anyone out there use glutathione for the FeLv babies?  I bought it a while back at a big cat show in Westchester NY.  The name of the product is Kitty Lix and I gave it to my cats until we moved and the bottle got displaced in the move.  What I can say is that it helped with herpes outbreaks.  The company is in Connecticut and I asked if it would help FeLv cats.  The company president said it is an immune booster.

Following is his response to my question about using glutathione for an FeLv or FIV+ cat.

"Yes, I believe that the Kitty Lix (major ingredient is GLUTATHIONE, reduced) will put your infected (?) kitten into a stage that will prevent the shedding of virus particles since it will prevent the spread of the virus from infected cells to uninfected healthy cells.  They don't shed virus if they are not actively making new virus particles.  By giving it to the uninfected kitten as well, you activate his/her immune system so that any exposure to virus will prevent active infection.  I have seen this same behavior in humans with HIV, Hepatitis A, B, and C and several other deadly viruses.  I can explain why this happens more completely if you would like.  However, suffice it to say, that glutathione, and therefore Kitty Lix, makes a very good viral spread preventative treatment.  To maintain the infected kitten's health you will have to give Kitty Lix to him/her throughout its life.  Since there is no sure way of garaunteeing all the virus is wiped out of its body.  There may remain inactive vestiges of the virus within the kitten as it grows into a cat and finally gets old.  The main problem with older animals is that, like humans, as they grow older they make less and less glutathione on their own.  That is why older animals succumb to various diseases of aging like viral infections, bacterial infections, cancer, and even heart disease.  These all require an active immune system to keep them healthy.  Heart disease happens when the heart muscle no longer is able to obtain the glutathione it needs for full muscle contraction and the heart muscle gets flabby."

I have no interest (other than the health of my cats) in Kitty Lix but would like to pass on this information.  Dr. Seligman can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or google Kitty Lix.

Roena