Well his OWNERS were going to kill him JUST for being FIV+, before I offered his LAST CHANCE to come here to join the FERAL colony OUTSIDE. I am happy to try the medication, a list member (bless you!) is sending me a trial of her cat's prozac to try on Zack, if it works, great, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to afford it long term. I WELCOME DONATIONS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HELP. I am getting custody of my VERY troubled son on the 18th, and he requires therapy, prescription drugs, counseling, special education, and constant supervision (he is 12, has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old, severe ADD, behavior issues, is under the care of a psychiatrist, and is failing miserably in school). I have no insurance, and may not qualify for state coverage for my son due to my income (and I work about 50 hours a week, so where I will find the time for this is beyond me - adding to my stress). I may have to QUIT one of my jobs in order to qualify for state assistance, and have enough time to raise my son. I can find the time to pill Zack every day (somehow), the problem is affording the medication. I still owe about $1400 for the last 5 year's income taxes, I have to pay $650 rent every month, and we ALL have to eat. The check engine light keeps coming on in my car, I just had to buy tires ($194), as the olds ones were unsafe, and my registration ($80) is due by the end of the month. I have to BUILD a wall to create a bedroom so all household members will have some extent of privacy. That's estimated at about $150. I still don't have a BED for my son to sleep on. If anyone would be willing to SPONSOR Zack, I would be very happy to put him on medication that might help his aggression. If I do NOT find a cure for him, TWELVE or more OTHER cats may FREEZE to DEATH this winter, as Zack will not allow them to access the insulated shelter. Personally, I think it's more responsible to euthanize ONE cat HUMANELY than to let TWELVE others FREEZE to death. That is where I am at. I can't afford to put another cat on an expensive prescription drug at this time (Mythic's is already $35 a month). Normally, in this situation, I would get offline, and work MORE, like 60 hours a week, and catch up, but I NEED to be home with my son now, so I'm totally lost as to how I'm going to accomplish all of this. The only reason I'm on here tonight is because my boss from my second job called me at dinner time and asked me to NOT come into work tonight.

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html
Please shop online through i-give and support the Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program:
http://www.igive.com/FVEAP
Shop at GREAT stores, like Drs. Foster & Smith, Pet Food Direct, Musician's Friend, and LOTS more!
It doesn't cost you a single penny more, and it makes so much difference to a sick cat in need!
Checked by AVG Free Edition.