At 10:10 PM 9/6/2006, you wrote:

That makes me so very very happy. I will sleep better tonight, I never said anything before because many people believe that if a cat disappears it is because they have made a decision that they are going to die, What actually makes more sense is that animals in order to protect themselves if they feel they are ill and can become prey to another animal they just go and find a safe hiding place, It is a natural way of protecting themselves,,,
So very glad he is home ,,
Kelly

You people are not going to believe this. Spencer has come home! I can't believe it myself. He sauntered up while I was putting food out for the ferals. For a second, I thought he was an apparition. I had to blink hard, he just seemed to be saying, hi Mom, like it was any other day. He looked so good, so bright and ALIVE! I ushered him inside and he took a big long drink of water. I was thinking of what Leslie said about her friend, I was thinking about miracles. When I came back from making his bed he was sprawled out on his side on the kitchen floor. I guess he must of used up a lot of his limited energy to make it home. His only movement was that rapid breathing. All the other animals were hovering around him, sniffing him, nosing him, I don't think they can believe it either. I've gone through so many emotional contortions since yesterday afternoon. I had finally resolved myself to the fact that he probably wasn't coming back, and here he is. He's resting in the front room on his bed, at least the dogs aren't allowed in there. Last time I looked, there were four cats lying close by, seemingly keeping him company.

I don't know if I wrote the group about this... The vet that was on ER duty when I brought Spence in called with the report from the radiologist today. He suspects lymphoma, possibly a mass, possibly an enlarged heart. I asked them, (at the time I didn't think he was coming back), if they would be able to prescribe something that would possibly put him into remission, or at the very least make him more comfortable. She told me that since the lymph node aspirate they attempted hadn't been successful, they would have to do more tests. I'm loath to put him through another horrendous vet visit in his condition. Tomorrow morning I'm going to call an Internist that I've used before, one I trust, and beg her to help me. There must be something I can do without having to put him through another vet visit.
I'm so relieved to have him home.  Whatever is to be, we'll face it together.
Nina