From: Pam Norman
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: To Leslie: Re: crackers IFA was positive need help a.s.a.p.

Leslie,

A wonderful tribute to Sushi & what you & she learned together. All of us should remember it, whether it is FeLV we are dealing with or any of the other kitty ills that can so easily reduce us to helpless fear.  I was told that Ambrose, my first CRF kitty, who was diagnosed in 1997, would be gone in 6 months. He lived for 3 happy healthy years before dying of heart disease. Troika, who was diagnosed with fibrosarcoma in 2000, was given 9 months, & lived for 6 more years cancer-free.  Vets are good & vets are jackasses. We should be careful about their pronouncements, regardless of which they are. After all, it's our kitty & we know them better than anyone & it's we who are committed to that kitty's life, be it for years or months.  And that life can & should be joyous, regardless of what the numbers say.

Pam