Wow, that is a really low dose of dex.  When I have given dex shots, I have given 1 whole cc at a time, or 1/2 cc mixed with 1/2 cc depomedrol.  And none of my cats weighed more than 9 or 10 pounds at the time, some as little as 6. But I was not giving it every day long-term, either, just for one or two days until the depo kicked in, then not for a week or two.

Just so you know, if  you ever need to, you can give him more.  I wouldn't at this point if he doesn't need it, though.

Michelle