Hi,
I just happened to have 2 people that worked for me with husbands that are on oxygen at home..(portable) so they both had extra tanks and loaned them to me with the tube.  They even offered to refill them with their prescriptions but I never had to refill them..They usually lasts for 6 hrs with it set on 1 or 1.5..and I really never had to give Lil Rascal that much at once..only emergency cases..
I don't know where you can find them without a prescription, but I'm sure we can, that would be a good thing to know..But your vet can write a script and you can rent one from a medical supply place..I called here and they thought I was nuts..I think, but they can't even turn down a vet's script cause it is very legal..
If you know someone on O2, see if they won't help you out like that.  Most people usually have extra tanks...
Good luck with it,
Kerry, Bandy and Inky

Do you Yahoo!?