At 11:21 PM 10/6/2006, you wrote:

How long after the transfusion did they keep her,,,,There are reactions to transfusions that cause fevers,,Is she bleeding internally anywhere, If she has some kind of bleed into her stomach that might cause her to first vomit and then have bloody stool. Was the blood in her stool fresh (red) or black??
Was ther any signs of blood in her stomach??That makes them nauseated also ,,,,and would account for the blood loss and low PCV,,,,are they going to recheck her labs now that she has been transfused??Is she eating at all now???Are you going to start the Omega interferon??Good choice I think...Did they do any xray? to see if there were any masses or lesions? I guess these are all questions..I will be sending many good thought to you and your baby tonight,,,Please kepp us informed ...
Kelly

Hi, one of my felk babies is in a serious trouble and I need your help –
She was fine until very recently but noticed that something was wrong definitely this morning just the way she as sitting.. so I took her to the vet, and her PCV was 9.6 and took her to the emergency clinic and s had a traqnsfusion, she was fine right after the transfusion, now she is running fever of 106.8.. I am assuming that it is reaction from transfusion.  Prior to the transfusion, she vomited very think blood and tons of it.. and now I saw tons of blood came from stool.. and I am very scared.. all the blood work was normal except high (50,000 range of WBC) – it could be cancer or it could be some type of infection.. she is on clavmox and I just gave her predisolone ---

Any insights are appreciated.. the vets are not really sure what’s directly causing it and I really didi not want her to continue to be checked out –I was thinking of giving her epogen though her kidney is fine, I thought it migh help anemia or at least it own’t hurt? Also I was going to start on interferon tomorrow.. please any insight is appreciated – she is just a sweet girl,, and I wanted to do everything I can to make her feel better.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.