Thank you michelle, I was hoping that you would respond to me – she is on carafate already, but since she is no longer vomiting or having bloody stools, I don’t think she has an internal bleeding.. I don’t know.. I did read when a cat is severe anemia, they will vomit blood and have bloody stools as blood get too concentrated and I feel that that’s what happened –

 She no longer has high fever – again I am giving her interferon right now –

I have given epogen and predisolone also – but again,, I am  just not sure –I may give her lasix as she has a bit difficult time breathing after she moves around or get streesed out.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 5:34 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: My baby Tsubomi is in trouble - please help!

Hideyo, it sounds like she is anemic from losing blood, which means that no medicine is going to help her unless it stops the bleeding. If she has a bleeding ulcer, she should be given Carafate, which is a medicine that seals up ulcers.  Prednisone can make ulcers worse.  If she has a bleeding tumor, nothing will help unless the tumor stops bleeding, which sometimes happens.

I would ask for Carafate and maybe do an ultrasound.  Some vets can do an edoscapy, which is a scope that does not cut into the body at all, and they need only light anesthesia for it.

The fever can come from having a reaction to the transfusion. Did they give her a benadryl shot? The hospital that did Simon's transfusions gave him one prophylactically before each transfusion I think.

Michelle