as we all here know, this is the very hardest place we as catparents
ever find ourselves.

for me, it's remembering that sometimes i'm the position to give them
that final gift, of peace, in gratitude for all the love they've
offered me. learning to separate out my own needs from theirs is the
hard part...

i do want to say, tho, that one of the most profound things anyone
ever told me was that, "it is better to send them home one day too
early, than 5 minutes too late." protecting them from suffering is,
for me, the biggest thing...

MC