They make ear ones for animals too. I bought one on sale from Revival, and it does not work.

Michelle

In a message dated 10/25/2006 1:39:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I don't know Michelle.  I hate those rectal
thermometers.  I bought a digital one at Wal-Mart
yesterday that goes in the ear (for humans).  I am
going to try to use that to see if it will work with
my kitties.  I would be afraid I'd hurt one of mine
using the rectal thermometer, or they would hurt
themselves if they got away while it was in.  I hope
it's nothing with Lucy, but it seems that the blood
could be indicative of what might be going on with
her.  Keep us posted.

:)
Wendy