I'm sorry, I didn't see the beginning of this thread.
Terri is correct.  FIP is a mutation in the Corona
virus to a lethal form.  Almost all cats have Corona
virus,and at this point in time, on one can predict
which cat will develop FIP.

The "screening "  is virtually useless IMHO.  All it
does is tell you how much exposure the cat has had.
The FVRCP vaccines help protect against some virus
associated with Corona.

Dede. Not a vet

--- Hideyo Yamamoto

http://hometown.aol.com/tatorbunz/myhomepage/petmemorial.html

> http://www.felineleukemia.org/
>
> http://www.hometown.aol.com/tatorbunz/index.html
>
> http://www.petloss.com/

"When you are in the service of your fellow beings, you are only in the service
of your God"
                   Mosiah 2:17