In all my life - I never had the flu until I was 42 (ok - so I am dating myself).  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine how horrible it really is to have the flu.  Honest to God - I had blisters inside my mouth and I missed more than a month of work due to complications (the asthma thing).  Thank God I have some of the best managers on the planet.  (this was 2 - maybe 3 years ago)

I've always had such a robust immune system - but I am here to tell you that you really don't want the flu.  People categorize particularly insidious infections as the flu--but it isn't so.  People die from the flu - and that is a fact.

The flu is evil.

elizabeth