It's ALWAYS good to keep things civil between rescues and rescuers. You know the saying, keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer? Well, we should all try to work together in our own areas of expertise and our own directions in the rescue world, because we ALL want to achieve the same goal in the end. The blame game doesn't fix things, that's for sure. Then, if it all comes down to a situation where you've GOT to deal with a "rescuer" you just think is totally way off base, or even a bad person, then if you've kept the lines of communication open, you already have one foot in the door when it comes to negotiating a deal with them (say, for instance, them turning over some animals if they are becoming a "hoarder" more than a "rescuer"). I think the fact that your Siamese rescue group has placed 5000 cats is highly commendable, but on the other hand, I think that them basically dumping all the NON-Siamese in your lap and then denying you access to funding for vet care is contemptible. Where do we draw the line? Hard to say. I think it would be BEST if you could convince the rescue that since these cats you are fostering are NOT the breed this breed rescue deals with anyways, that they should release them to you and make you their "domestic liaison", and allow you to work under your own rescue name, as a PARTNER (and you keep the adoption fees for the domestics you place). If you could make that work, it might be really beneficial to both you, the rescue, and the CATS. Aside from that, just keep trying to cut through all their red tape, play their pre-approval games, and don't hold your breath on getting any money from them. Since you're dealing with a purebred rescue, I can sympathize to the fact that they are accustomed to getting upwards of $100 in adoption fees for most of their purebred rescue cats. This poses a problem for you though, since you have all their NON-purebreds in your care. You can't expect to get as high of an adoption fee for a domestic as you can for a purebred, and I think that they know this, so they are less apt to pre-approve funding for vet care to your domestics, since they KNOW they can't recover as much of it in adoption fees. So, I'm trying to see both sides here. There are two of those, you know.

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html
Find us on PETFINDER! http://petfinder.com/shelters/VT44.html