I have a hairless cat here too, well, he was just in my lap until I just had to get up to blow my nose from reading about Dharma passing. The scraping, cultures, and biopsies didn't discover anything on him. He tends to fluctuate with his baldness. A month or so will go by, and he'll grow some hair back, then he'll have another outbreak, and it will come out in patches, usually thinnest on his butt, rear legs, and neck areas. When he's in full outbreak mode, he gets 10MG Prednisolone once a day, and it barely makes any difference. (he's back in my lap again now, BTW)
Anyways, he gets terrible scabs, nasty crusty, even bloody looking sores from scratching. The part usually clears up after a while, and then he's just bald. There is a shot the other vet will give him that REALLY helps, but my other vet says that it will probably have really bad long term side effects, so I'm trying to NOT go that route. I think it's Dexamethsone or something like that (I'm fairly sure it starts with "dex"). We think it's allergies, but we've not done any elimination tests, simply because I can't separate him from the other cats well enough to do it in my small apartment. (he's now chewing on his front paw)
None of my vets ever suggested a high fiber diet for skin problems though, that's a new one for me! Some suggested a NO GRAIN diet (which translates to VERY LOW fiber), actually. However, I CAN suggest a high fiber cat food to you, because one of my OTHER cats has a narrow pelvis, and is apt to blockages, so he's on a high fiber diet. The Natura Pet company JUST reformulated their Innova Lite cat food into two offspring products, Innova Low Fat, and Innova SENIOR (and they are discontinuing the Lite line). The Innova SENIOR diet is VERY high fiber (8%), the highest of any other cat food I've ever seen (and trust me, I've read about 300 labels). It's even high in fiber than any of the prescription diets (I have a good relationship with my vet's office, they let me go into their back room and read all the prescription diet labels too, LOL!) Anyways, here's the link:

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html
Find us on PETFINDER! http://petfinder.com/shelters/VT44.html