Be aware.  buy a good book on positive training like clicker training or whatever.  But pits are one of the most loving and loyal breeds there are.  ANY dog can develop sudden rage.  It's just that a pit can cause more damage than a chihuaha that goes ballistic.  The 2 friendliest, easy going, child and other animal friendly dogs I've ever known and NEVER feared a bit were a pit and a chow.  Go figure.

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Karen,

Thank you for your input and for sharing your
experiences. I will keep this in mind as I do my
research on this dog. It's hard to imagine her going
ballistic; she is so incredibly sweet. And while I
know that not all Pit Bulls who are family dogs will
have sudden rage syndrome, it's something we need to
always be cognizant of if we decide to keep her,
especially when we have kids.

Thanks,
Wendy

P.S. Congratulations on adopting out your FIV baby!

(http://voice.yahoo.com)