I can only add that in January of 1993 I had to fly to Boston because my Dad was in the hospital dying, I had to board all 5 (4 positives, Teenye later turned negative and remained so for the rest of her life) of my guys at the vets because I was on a plane in 4 hours and didn't have time to make other arrangements. I was gone a week. In October of 1993 I lost Skeeter (FeLV+) to intestinal lymphoma, in March of 1994 I lost Mikie (FeLV+) to kidney cancer and in January of 1995 I lost my Frankie (FeLV+) to anemia. I don't think this was a coincidence, I don't leave my guys over night unless there is absolutely no other way and that has only been one time since then when Fred had his hyper-t treatment and I told them ONLY 1 day, he went in at about noon and I was there the next day at 10AM to pick him up.

I think lots of vets underestimate the impact of the stress to their bodies by
them staying at the clinic

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com