I think you should try to get him looked at by an internist.  FeLV+ cats are more prone to lymphoma (a LOT more prone), but respond to chemo as well as negative cats, though the remissions can be shorter.  chemo does not tend to make them sick like with humans, and it is often very effective against lymphoma, at least for months.
Michelle