Hi Cindy,
It sounds like feline acne. Do you use plastic dishes? There are other conditions that resemble it. It's good that you are keeping it clean, her chin can become infected if you don't take care of it. Here's the first site I found when I Googled it: http://cats.about.com/cs/healthissues/a/acne.htm

If you suspect that's what she has, I'd treat it as acne. If it doesn't get better soon, take her in to the vet and make sure it isn't something else.
Nina

cindy reasoner wrote:
I noticed last night that my older kitty Madison has a
some fur missing under her chin.  When I looked at it
closer it looked like tiny black pieces of dirt in the
fur that was left.  It looked like flea dirt.  She
never goes outside but I know we can bring in fleas. I haven't noticed her scratching. I tried to clean
the area really good.  Her skin looked like it might
be a little dry there too. Anybody have any ideas? Madison isn't felv+.

Cindy Reasoner