I think you need to just disinfect your hands well after handling the kittes.  Also disenfect food and water bowls and don't let them mix with your own dishes.

Kat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Kelley,

Altho I have not had to deal with it (knock wood),
one of my co-workers and his girlfriend got it while
camping - from infected water. Apparently something
had it and pooped in or near the water upstream, and
they had no idea this "pure" mountain stream was bad.

Kat (Mew Jersey)