It's FIP that can be confirmed with necropsy.
No... your not ignorant!

In a message dated 11/12/2006 10:35:34 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Sometimes I get so much email that I have to scan quickly and I know I miss out on things...but I have this question that I hope someone can answer.

If FIV can only be confirmed with necropsy, then how does the test for FIV work?  I ask because when Mama Kitty was giving a test at the vet's office for FeVL - we looked for two dots to show on this thing that looks a lot like a pregnancy test...she had a faint dot on the FeVL side but no dot on the FIV side.  Am I getting this confused with something else?  Was it FIP that I am thinking about.  Duh.

Thank you for your time and patience -
Your ignorant friend,
elizabeth