Kerry,

I hope Inky starts feeling better soon.  Wow, 20 years
old.  Sorry, but I really don't know anything about
different diets for the kidney.  I am actually just
learning because Saturday I took my dog, Elvis, to the
vet for a checkup and he is showing some signs of
early kidney problems. He is about 11 years old now.
They told me to switch his diet.  I got Hills KD but
that worries me because I think I have read here that
Hills isn't that great of a food.  I will be praying
that Inky and Bandy start feeling better very soon.

Cindy Reasoner

--- Kerry Roach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>   I have been out of touch this last week as Inky
> has been sick...He is my boy that is 20yrs 3 months
> and isn't felv+.  Anyway, we were fighting the IBD
> last weekend.  I thought he was getting better, but
> then he just wouldn't eat..And he never goes off his
> good entirely so I took him in this last Tues..the
> blood work showed again that his kidney values were
> elevated..BUN and creatinine were way up..so he has
> been on IV fluids since Wed. 8am til 5pm then I go
> get him and bring him home for the night...Today
> will be the last day and we will re-check his blood
> work..Last time he stayed in the hospital for 10
> days and on IV's for about 5 of it...So this time
> since he doesn't tolerate sub-q's well, this would
> be faster and easier on him..He likes to ride so
> that is a good thing..I think he had a little of
> both IBD and kidney flare up which both made him
> throw up and loose stool..He is back on his chicken
> and broth, eating well...and talking to me so I
> always know that is a good
>  sign...He is really sick when he doesn't talk at
> all..It is really hard since he has to be on a
> kidney diet and IBD diet as I have to try to balance
> all this to keep both in check..What seems to be ok
> for one isn't for the other so I have really had to
> research his options so to try to keep them both
> ok..Any thoughts on any of this is appreciated!!!
>   Please keep him in your prayers...also Bandy is a
> little under the weather lately..he isn't eating as
> good as I would like, but no fever. Not quite sure
> what is up with him just keeping a good eye on
> him...
>   Thanks everyone,
>   Head butts to all your kitties,
>   Kerry, Bandy and Inky