The sealer can add the shine that the shellac adds. Check under Acid blush and concrete stain on the internet and disregard what they say about only pros can put it down. Remember that the more the shine the slippery the service so perhaps some sort of sand can be added????

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "wendy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:43 PM
Subject: To Kelley re. floors

Hey Kelley,

My husband and I tiled our house ourselves this past
spring and summer.  We did almost the whole house,
except for the master bedroom, master closet-pretty
small, and one of the other bedrooms.  Our whole house
is a little over 1500 square feet, so it was quite a
job, but we did it, and it looks great.  I would say
it cost under $4000, but we picked out porcelain tile
and what we liked.  It could have been done for about
$2000-$3000 had we gone cheaper on the tile.  Also, I
went to a friend's house last month that had the
stained concrete like Phaewryn was talking about, and
it looked absolutely fantastic.  They stained it a
brownish color, and the concrete had been etched
(scored) to look like large tiles, 2x2 or bigger, and
then covered with a really shiny shellac.  It looked
GREAT, and I bet it was not expensive.  The only thing
about concrete is that it's porous, so the shellac had
to also needs to be a sealer.

:)
Wendy

--- Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I really want tile, but it is SO EXPENSIVE.

On 11/22/06, Jennifer Phaewryn O'Gwynn
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I've heard horror stories about wood laminate,
the cat/dog pee eats
> through the finish and destroys it.
>
> Phaewryn
>
> Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat
Rescue!!!
> http://ucat.us/adopt.html
> Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency
Financial Assistance
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
> The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html
> Find us on PETFINDER!