  From: Gussies mom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 8:51 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Felv+/FIV+ policy for rescues

    My vets office told me they can take blood from all the kittens an combine
it and use 1 or 2 tests, depending on the size of the litter. If the tests come
back at all positive, they then do individual tests. This can save money, which
I guess is what these rescues are trying to do by only testing one in the
litter.

    Beth

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

      Yes, I agree this is bad.  I hate it when rescues do this.  Even Nathan
Winograd, who is against testing, states that the one thing you should not do
is selective testing.  Either test none or all.

    I think people do this because they really do not understand the disease,
or have outdated information.  I tried to educate my previous rescue group
regarding FELV and it fell on deaf ears.