Yes, I hear higher fiber is good sometimes...but then if they have IBD you
may need a different protein source...like venison or God forbid rabbit.

On 11/27/06, Gussies mom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It could also just be the food. We had a cat at the shelter with horrible
diarrhea. After tons of money spent on tests (all negative) and meds,
switching his food has solved the problem. If he eats anything else, it
comes back.

Beth

*Susan Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

Any suggestions?  Yeah -- metronidazole (Flagyl).  Parasites, such as
giardia, very often do not show up in a fecal.  I'm surprised the vet did
not mention this.  Many vets will treat with metronidazole on the basis of
symptoms, even when a fecal is negative.  I don't think I'd be jumping ahead
to cancer without at least trying standard treatments for giardia
(metronidazole) and coccidia (Albon).  If both of these failed I would look
at tritrichomonas foetus (treated with Ronidazole).  Is it possible the vet
is assuming lymphoma because the cat is FeLV+ rather than looking at more
common and treatable causes?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I have been fostering a FELV pos. cat for over 6 months and she has
chronic diarrhea multiple times a day.  She has been tested numerous times
for parasites and been dewormed.  Our vet feels it may be lymphoma.  If it
is, how long do these cats live?  Otherwise she is doing fairly well for a
positive cat.
Also, any suggestions to combatting the diarrhea would be helpful.  I use
pumpkin, slippery elm, and bentonite clay powder daily which helps to some
degree.  Her stools are still soft and she has accidents still and is in the
litterbox frequently.
Thanks for any info.
Diane

beta.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=45083/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>