Hi, thank you very much for all your response regarding possible cause
of weak hind legs --- it was an ear infection!  I should have known this
as one of my kitties, Bella had the same problem, she did not have a
good balance and kept falling and she had an ear infection.. when I took
Ghandi to the vet, the vet ruled out any possibility of FIP to begin
with.. she thought he is way too healthy and strong to have neurological
symptoms of FIP, and his gums and tongue are so red!!!! We couldn't draw
a blood as he was fighting against too much and I did not want to stress
him out more.  The vet did not see any symptoms to think that he has FIP
at this time -

A lesson learned - don't' ever assume the worst just because you have
had many experience - you just never know -

Again thank you so much for all your input - I wanted to share so that
you can think of this as a possibility if your kitty may have a similar
problem in the future. :-)