From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 6:54 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Sally - pain meds (was Uveitis)

Yes, uveitis is treated with topical steroids in the eye.  Prednisolone
drops is what is usually used; sometimes atropine is used, I think for pain
in the eye.  See Kerry's email about Bandy's course on these two eye drops
(drops can be easier to get in than ointment, too).  I also needed to use
steroids with both Pepsi and Buddy when they had uveitis.  Uveitis is not
treated just with antibiotics.  It is an inflammation that needs to be taken
down with steroids. The only time not to use topical steroids for uveitis is
if there is also ulceration of the eye, which the vet needs to check.

Michelle

In a message dated 12/4/2006 6:48:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,