Hi,

  I'm fostering a kitten, aged 8-9 months, who has had 2 faint positive ELISA
tests since the beginning of October 2006.  I had him IFA tested a few days
after the last ELISA (12/2/06), and that was negative.  Any ideas on what this
could mean?  Could he have had leukemia earlier in his life (we obtained him
and his 3 siblings when they were about 5 months old; the mother was killed in
an accident, so I don't know if she had it), and has overcome the virus?  Or
does this mean his leukemia will show up as a stronger positive later on? His
siblings all tested negative in October 2006.  Also, if I had all of my other
cats (I have the fosters plus 5 of my own) vaccinated against feline leukemia,
could he be let out to live with them (he's quarantined in a separate room, and
is very unhappy and lonely!)?

  Thanks for any info you can give me!

  Jasmine