At 06:52 PM 12/16/2006, you wrote:

Fortunately the foley catheter bag is out of site so they do not see the blood,,,We actually chart the color change from red to orange to yellow,,,,No one has died of shock though once we explain it is not a bid deal,,even the little bood vessels in the bladder can rupture when there is a bit of trauma,,,so you have never had a bad UTI yourself,,,lucky woman
Kelly

OMG! If I peed blood after a surgery, I would DIE of a heart attack, LOL! The blood wouldn't have to kill me, the shock would be enough! I didn't when I had my tubes tied, but that's not very invasive either I suppose. I will have to ask my mom is she peed blood after her VERY traumatic emergency hysterectomy (she was prolasping, I
hope that doesn't run in the family).

Phaewryn

Please save Whitey! http://ucat.us/Whitey.html
VT low cost Spay&Neuter, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html