I let my Doobie cat sometimes eat the middle out of a piece of white bread,
he loves it too! No ill health effects so far, of course, it's an occasional
treat, not an everyday thing. It could be he's missing some nutrient found
in bread, most commercially prepared breads are made using enriched flour,
which means they add several vitamins and minerals to it. Could be something
in there. Of course, there's also just plain weird cravings too, Doobie also
LOVES marshmallows... but there's NOTHING in them he could possible be
missing in his diet, LOL (unless sugar and cornstarch have something in them
I'm not aware of)! I do give him the occasional mini marshmallow too.

Phaewryn

Please save Whitey! http://ucat.us/Whitey.html
VT low cost Spay&Neuter, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html