  -----Original Message-----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of anne
  Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 6:55 PM
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Subject: Please add Jimi Too Cool to the CLS

  Dear kind fellow cat lovers,
      Jimi Too Cool has passed over to the other side with the help of his
favorite vet, Dr. Greene, at 11:30AM today.  Things went pretty smoothly and
Dr. Greene was very kind and sympathetic.

      Jimi had suffered from the side effects of feline leukemia for half of
his 10 year lifetime.  It started with painful stomatitis and travelled down
the esophagus and beyond, making it very difficult for him to eat.  In the
last several months, he has gone downhill, becoming skin and bones,
practically, even though he could eat well and a lot when his steroid shots
kicked in.  This last weekend, he became like the walking dead and cried out
pitifully now and then.  His eyes looked tired and sad and glazed.  The
tramadol that was added to his meds wasn't helping anymore, either, it
seemed.

      I have been blessed to have my boy for so long, especially in light of
his disease, so for that I am very grateful.  He was a noble, silly,
friendly, brave, loving, smart, quirky and beautiful boy.  He has my heart.
He was very much a COOL boy all his life, too, from the time I scooped him
up from an ATM machine location on a busy, dangerous street, up to and
including his death.  At our first meeting at the bank, he just sauntered
over and sat beside me calmly and resolutely and happily, making it known he
was not leaving my side and that was how it stayed.

      Jimi liked to headbutt us often and with force.  He also liked to hang
upside down like a bat and he also did his camel imitation for our
entertainment, making his back hump greatly, as he was a tall and solid boy
with long lanky legs.  He was also somewhat like a dog, following us on our
heels often.

      Phaewry and Marylyn, thank you for your recent posts concerning Jimi.
I want to answer them when I feel a bit stronger.  Tamara, thank you, dear
friend.  Love and hugs to you, too, as always.

      I wanted to send the following poem along with this message because it
reminded me so much of my boy, Jimi Too Cool, and helped me get through the
euthanasia.
  Anne and Simms and Sophie and Jimi Too Cool, in spirit in my heart always

  A Parting Prayer

  Dear Lord, please open your gates
  and call St. Francis
  to come escort this beloved companion
  across the Rainbow Bridge.

  Assign him to a place of honor,
  for he has been a faithful friend
  and has always done his best to please me.

  Bless the hands that send him to you,
  for they are doing so in love and compassion,
  freeing him from pain and suffering.

  Grant me the strength not to dwell on my loss.
  Help me remember the details of his life
  with the love he has shown me.
  And grant me the courage to honor him
  by sharing those memories with others.

  Let him remember me as well
  and let him know that I will always love him.
  And when it's my time to pass over into your paradise,
  please allow him to accompany those
  who will bring me home.

  Thank you, Lord,
  for the gift of his companionship