Children's benadryl is so diluted you have to give such a large amount to a
cat it's not practical. I think it's like a whole teaspoon or more to equal
a 12.5MG dose. The adult pills are much easier, they are already small, and
once you cut them in half, they are VERY easy to get into a cat (you can
even usually hide it in some wet food). They only last for about 6 hours
though, so it's more than once a day. I think my vet had me giving them 2x a
day, but it never really "cured" my cat, who has allergies, and not a
psychological condition. Mythic actually ITCHES, he isn't just a hair puller
(which is generally a psychological problem, not a physical one). I would
think Valium would be a better drug for psychological hair pulling, but of
course that's a prescription and probably not cheap. Valium dosages for cats
are usually 2.5MG to 5MG, I believe.

I used to give Mythic a WHOLE Benadryl tablet on my vet's advice
occasionally, but I don't recommend it without veterinary recommendation, as
I think you would need to do a blood panel first (my cat is strong and in
good health).

Phaewryn

Don't Lose Your Pet! Register at AWOLpet.com: http://AWOLPet.com (use
referral code: LittleCheetah)