There is some condition called militis, or something, that can cause itchy
scabs around the head.  Robert McDowell, a really good herbalist in  Australia,
had something about a treatment for it in his last newsletter. Here  is his
website: _http://www.herbal-treatments.com.au/_
(http://www.herbal-treatments.com.au/) .   He does free online consults for
animals. If you go to this link
you will see a  hyperlink for such consults. I would email him and see what he
thinks. If there  is something he thinks you can do at home without ordering
something from him,  he will tell you.  If he thinks one of his herbal remedies
will help, or  that he can make something for him, he will tell you that too.
I have found his  remedies very helpful for me, my horse Pepsi when she was
alive, and my dogs. I  have never used one for a cat, but he recently started
making things especially  for cats and if he had something that seemed
applicable to one of mine I would  probably try it.
Michelle

In a message dated 12/31/2006 11:33:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,