Hard to say Lynette. I once had a cat that broke his back jumping out of a
laundry
basket on a coffee table (not even 2 feet off the ground). People think cats are
these amazing athletic creatures, and sometimes they can seem indestructible,
but the
truth is, they are fragile little beings and can easily get hurt around the
house.
It's entirely possible he did hurt his leg either falling or jumping off the
tall cat
tree. I have an eight foot tree too, and my cats jump down onto my dinner table
from
it... and it sounds like someone dropped a 10 pound sack of potatoes, FAR from
graceful. So far, no-one has been hurt, but I ALWAYS run in and "check"
who-ever it
was to be sure. I'd offer him two options to lay one, an ice pack under a big
fluffy
towel, and a heating pad under a big fluffy towel, and let him choose what feels
better for him. I do this with all my injured, sick, or recovering from surgery
cats,
and they always choose one of the two. Did your vet do a neurological exam in
addition to looking for sprains and injuries? Favoring a leg but NOT expressing
pain
during manipulations points towards something neurological. Which leg is he
favoring?
A rear leg? Neurological issues often start in the rear and progress forward as
they
worsen. Did your vet do a toe pinch test on all legs to test for a pain reflex?
What
about pin prinks up the inside of the thighs? Is he dragging his tail, or is it
functioning normally? You can do most of these tests at home, especially since
your
partner is a vet tech, she should know the basic neurological tests. Is he
pooping
ok?

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us

The easy way out has a bad reputation.
Why would anyone take the hard way out?
"The door? No thanks, that would be the easy way out. I'm jumping out the
window."

Quote by: Les U. Knight