This is exactly what Bailey's bone marrow aspirate revealed, that the FeLV virus was impairing his bone marrow and new red cell production and the epogen and prednisolone still corrected the anemia, if we had found and treated the cancer I think Bailey may very well still be alive today, it wasn't the anemia that killed him but the undiagnosed cancer.

When repeat transfusions do not show improvements it's a sign that the FELV has attacked the bone marrow.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com