Lucy and Patches both have URI's.  I am giving them both Lysine, I-R  shots
sub-q (which does not seem to be as effective as IV but I have not wanted  to
take them to the vet, and Patches passed out last time someone tried to do
something IV to her), and have Lucy on amoxicillin (only abx she can take
without irritating her IBD) and Patches on clavamox.  So far they have had  the
URI's for about 4 days, and have been on abx for 3 days (Lucy) and 2 days
(Patches).  I am used to URI's clearing up faster than this.  I used  to use
dox for
URI's, but what I have is expired, my vet is out of town, doubt  the other guy
would give it to me, and am afraid to give it to Lucy at this  point due to
IBD.  But with dox their symptoms used to clear up within a  day or so.  The
only time i have seen a URI go on this long was with  Ginger, who got a bad one
after dental surgery and was sick for about 3 weeks  despite doing a few abx,
but once she got I-R (IV) twice it cleared up.

My question is this: when your positive cats get URI's, is it typical that
the URI's would last this long (4 days) without getting a lot better? They both
 have stuffy noses and Patches has runny eyes.  The discharge is all clear,
though Patches seemed to have a tiny bit of yellow from one eye earlier
today.  They are both eating (Lucy wasn't for a day or so before I-R and  abx),
grooming, etc.  Patches is also playing.  But they can't seem to  kick the URI.

I have a vicks vaporizer running too, and have used nose  drops every other
day.  They are functioning, and not very sick (knock on  wood) but it worries
me
that they are not getting better.  Any thoughts  would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle