Well, they managed to give up a pet last time so it wasn't THAT hard....OK,
I'll be nice.

  Any chance they don't understand the concept of fostering?  If it's a match
they have first dibs to adopt and they get to make a huge difference while
looking for the right match.

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Well, I did email this person back, and they say they don't want to foster
because they would have to keep giving the kitty back and it was too hard the
last time to do that.  It was a good idea though. I do agree that not everyone
is cut out to foster.

  On 1/17/07, Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   It does sound like this person
is in need of some unconditional love and
a boost of self esteem.  The fact that they are looking for advice is a
good sign, and I would do my best to not be judgmental over past
mistakes.   Heaven knows we've all made mistakes that we're not proud
of.  I wouldn't feel comfortable adopting anyone out to them though.
Certainly not before they somehow showed me that they've accepted
responsibility for what happened, (all the "out of my control" excuses
show they're not quite there yet) and were resolved to never do the same
thing again.  I think if after further investigation I felt confident
that they were now trustworthy, I'd consider the idea of fostering
rather than adoption.  Volunteering is a good suggestion too.
Nina

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20