Well, the internist thinks Lucy has FIP. Despite the abdominal effusion,  she
thinks it is dry FIP because the fluid does not look like FIP fluid, and
that the fluid is resulting from the effects of FIP on other organs.  She
thinks
it's FIP because of something that was found in the biopsy of the lymph
node, I can't remember what it is called but something like granular something,

or granulitis, or granuloma, which goes with FIP and not with most other kinds
of inflammation. Other possibilities are infection somewhere, the effects of
her  IBD inflammation, or pancreatitis, but she said that the lymph node being
the  way it is normally goes only with FIP so she really thinks it is that.
I  am of course very distressed by this. She said she could do exploratory
surgery  to diagnose better, but I do not see the point since FIP is not
treatable. I  want instead to try to treat for the other things it could be. So
broad  spectrum antibiotic with anearobic properties (she said clavamox or
clindamycin-- any ideas which i should do, I have both?). And up her steroids
for
IBD/pancreatitis.  And perhaps switch her diet to a novel protein diet  if
there  is one that would also be ok for pancreatitis.  And she is  on feline
interferon and I would like to get acemannan, and then monitor her HCT  and if
it
goes too low try epogen.

any thoughts? Has anyone actually had an internist, rather than a primary
care vet, say FIP when it was not?

distressed,
michelle