so many kitties that come from hoarder situations bring baggage that's
almost impossible to overcome... hard to know if it's genetic, or just from
neglect, or a problem with the individual cat that nothing would have been
able to predict or prevent. which doesn't make it any easier to lose them.

i have a friend with 16 persians--15 of them special-needs.... i tend to
think of them as very easy to take care of tho, other than all the fur.....
sort of like stuffed critters that purr. especially the older ones: plop
them down near water and food bowls, near litter boxes, and dust them
occasionally..... my friends refer to them as speed bumps.

http://www.rescuties.org