In a message dated 2/1/07 2:01:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Patti,
   If he is doing so much better, I think it is likely that he  has toxo and
not fip. It can be very hard to tell fip from toxo-- toxo can  cause pretty
much all the symptoms and lab work of fip. but it can be cured  with
clindamycin, and they are supposed to start feeling better within 3 days.  How
much pred
is he on?
Michelle

Michelle-
My Puma is on 5 mg. pred. 2X daily.... (I sent you an individual e-mail on
my Puma...did you get it?  I am NOT happy w/ AOL!!!  Another L-O-N-G
story.....I 've been on AOL foreverl...and it's  getting so much worse
-.....Maybe
it's just me...)
Anyway, for an old boy. his "recovery" has been totally amazing......
When I got the diagnosis, the FIP really made me think, having dealt with  it
before, sadly....So, I NEVER questioned it having lost 2 of my boys before
(confirmed thru necropsies).
I just felt guilty 'cause I did not get my  "personal clan" tested at the
time......
And, Dusty & Oden NEVER showed symptoms, they just died, as if it was a
heart attack.....
Dusty was old, a rescued street cat from Baltimore, so we had NO  history....
But Oden was just 2, and I had him since a bottle baby.......Never sick, he
just dropped dead, suddenly.....  Freaked me out, BIG TIME!!!!!
So I "figured" the FIP was gotten from my fosters......
But, since Puma has been on clindo & pred. his "recovery" is  amazing!!!!!!
I pray it was only toxo...... But, at his age (ancient), I  thought "if" it
was FIP too.....well.......
You have given me inspiration, which I really need now.  ( I just lost  Fred,
my "cannibalistic" gold fish, so today has been a B-A-D day.  I  loved that
fish, despite his "faults" - Wouldn't even  put him in outside pond, he really
gave me such pleasure......)
Now I "wonder" that "if" I had put him in pond, well, maybe he'd  still be
alive...... He ate all his aquarium buddies, maybe he was  lonely being solo in
tank....... (I have been "wondering" if Belinda can add him  to next CLS -
I've seen dogs, but a fish? He was  special......)
Anyway, thanks so much for your inspiration, I really  needed that.....
How is your sweet Lucy doing?  And, yes, she is in my  prayers every night.
I also believe in the "power of prayer", just wish I  didn't have SO many
people praying for me after MVA......
I am going to also send this to your personal e-mail, please,  please,
please, let me know you've recv'd. it...
,
Patti (and her clan)