i've just been asked to provide hospice care for a young (3-5 years
old) persian with a peritoneal-pericardial hernia, and have been told
basically the same thing--that while the surgery itself is technically
POSSIBLE, it would probably kill him...

he's at a good weight, only has occasional mild trouble breathing--but
with his intestines up around his lungs and heart, there's no way of
knowing when or if they'll shift and, well, you get the picture.....
he doesn't need any meds or special care per se (tho agility training
is definitely not an option--sorry, but my warped sense of humor is
the only way i survive).... the rest of his furry family are going on
a long-distance transport, but they don't think he'd survive it.... so
he's one that i will just love to death.

MC