That is great progress!
  tonya

Susan Loesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Animal Control is -- better than it used to be.  We haven't been able to get
them to round up the pack of dogs running in the area but in a miracle of a
turn of events just a little while ago we found out that the head of AC is
going to work with our rescue group  on "Operation Jack" that our President
just proposed to him -- a massive TNR effort in Jack's neighborhood.  We
determined that we needed to do this and got all our input during our searches
for Jack.  He is offering his facility to our vet -- and will "sanction" the
altered animals and not pick them up -- we will ear-tip so AC will know what is
what.  I can't tell you what a development this is -- it is groundbreaking for
this city -- such a big development that we can't really take it all in yet.

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   Oh my dear, be very careful. You're not going
to find anyone being
"indulgent" or open to "education" under those circumstances. How is
Animal Control around there? Don't let those people think for a minute
that you will be sticking your nose in their horrid business. Covert is
definitely the word for dealing with that sort of thing. Just the
thought makes my stomach churn.

The "dogs for protection" people can sometimes be reached with reason
and tact, (hard to do, but you have to approach them as if you do
believe they have some feelings for their animals). There was a group
of people, I can't remember the organization's name, that used to go
door to door with things like run lines to install for dogs chained up.
You know, a line strung from tree to tree, (or post to post), that would
allow the dog a little more freedom of movement. They'd bring gifts of
food and supplies and try to get their message out to the people that
might be swayed. Bless their hearts, and your's too, it seems to be a
never ending uphill battle.
Nina